Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A quick makeover

I found this bulletin board (sorry I don't have a before) recently at Value Village for $3.99...I was looking for a bulletin board as I wanted to make a bulletin board a little snazzier than the run-of-the-mill office standard. But, the cork I saw at Michael's was very expensive! So when I saw this, I snatched it up! It didn't take me long..a bit of heirloom white spray on the frame and some white craft paint on the cork (I wanted a bit of contrast)...some black grosgrain ribbon on the inside. It was still lacking something, so I printed out a quick curly-Q thingy from one of my cricut carts and used it as a stencil...ah! Much better! Now it looks (kind of) more like a piece of art than a utilitarian bulletin board!



Linking up to these great parties!




giveaways

2 comments:

  1. Great job with your bulletin board. I like the white for a change. It looks almost to nice to use.
    Stop over anytime as I have a new blog. too.

    http://memoriesofthelake.blogspot.com/

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.